Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has had his net worth increased by $4 billion in the first few trading days of 2018, according to Bloomberg.
Time reports that major market indices are up 2%, continuing major stock gains from last year.
With Facebook shares rising 5% since the new year began, 33-year-old Zuckerberg has earned $4.51 billion from his portion.
The gain has brought his total net worth to $77.3 billion, overtaking Spain’s Amancio Ortega to take the 4th position.
The top 5 richest people in the world are:
- Jeff Bezos – $106 billion.
- Bill Gates – $92.7 billion.
- Warren Buffett – $88.7 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg – $77.3 billion.
- Amancio Ortega – $74.9 billion.